Staying in five star hotels is always a treat. Having travelled to Malaysia last year I can assure you many 3 star hotels are completely fine. Toilet, shower and pillow in my room. What luxury? No, in all seriousness sometimes the added and extra services a 5 star hotel provide are absolute joys. 24 hour reception and room service. Concierge and an in-house bar area. A pool and a gym.
Click here if you are at all interested in the Star Rating system in Australia. I appreciate it is slightly nerdy but it has cleared up several questions I had. I have often stayed places and questioned how they can be rated 5 star and yet others only 3. Did you know a hotel gets 4 points just by having a kettle in the room?
I digress. I know, I know. The Sofitel. The Sofitel Brisbane Central is arguably the most central hotel in Brisbane’s CBD area. We enjoyed our stay whilst the Wallabies were also in house. For those outside of Australia or in a non-rugby country, the Wallabies are a national rugby team. If it’s good enough for the Wallabies and their entourage then things must be pretty good. Photos courtesy of Sofitel Birsbane Central.
Luxury facilities at Sofitel Brisbane include:
- 433 classic-contemporary room and suite accommodation
- Three award-winning dining outlets
- Cocktail lounge and gaming bistro
- World-class day spa, Stephanies Spa
- The largest hotel meeting facilities in Brisbane
- Renowned events team and banquet chefs
- Queensland’s largest Executive Lounge, Club Sofitel
- Pool and state-of-the-art SoFit gymnasium
- 24-hour reception
- Concierge service
- Pool and Spa
- 24 Hour Business Centre
- Car Parking ( additional costs apply)
- Lift access from Central station if needed
I think the Sofitel is a great brand and they have a outstanding level of service. Children are welcomed into the hotel but I do think they could do better and try harder. Sometimes though as a parent travelling with kids other things win over like location and proximity to the city. All in all, I will be back.