Gold Coast family friendly eateries are easy to find and there are plenty of them. From Broadbeach south, these places are used to families in that they cater for kids and often pets. Surfers Paradise less so, but why would you want to take your kids into an area full of bars? A list of my favourite Gold Coast family friendly eateries is listed below.
Family eating haunts on the Gold Coast
- Gemelli Italian Broadbeach- hard to go past Italian when eating with the family. You’ll love the vibes if this centrally located bust restaurant.
- Dune Cafe at Palm Beach (before or after the pirate park) the menu is exciting, fresh and delicious. You won’t be dissapointed with the menu as it is sure to cater for a wide range of tastes and pallets.
- Mike’s Kitchen for a night out with kids – don’t let the highway address put you off. Burgers, ribs and steaks. They have a kids menu that extends beyond nuggets and bolognaise.
- Elk Espresso at Broadbeach for an amazing breakfast burger.
- Koi at Broadbeach you’ve never seen a kids menu like this! Amazing. This restaurant will fascinate the kids by night with all the lights, by day you’ll enjoy the buzz.
- Platation House Cafe – West Burleigh, you might think this is a little far away but it’s well worth the drive. Rainy days are best for lazy around on holidays and in my mind the place to do that is at the most fabulous cafe with a meander down the road. I am sure it is just as good in the sun but I don’t like to trade sun time for drive time.
- For family friendly evenings in QLD, the local Surf club can be consistently relied on as a good option. BMD Northcliffe SLSC or North Burleigh SLSC are my picks. The later being stroller friendly.
- Bskt at Mermaid beach has an outdoor play area for little ones and the beach for older kids. I have a ‘bolter’ (ie. One that gets away) so it’s not for me. It caters for the organic and gluten conscious . You will feel at home in your active wear.
- O Sushi at Broadbeach is great for those that have kids who are good eaters. It’s central and quick which is often of great importance after a day of activities.
Some extra considerations.
There are loads of steakhouses and taverns that cater for kids throughout the coast. I just have a toddler who spends the whole time trying to play the pokies so it is absolutely no fun for me and resulting in me ignoring them when I can! Cav’s Steakhouse is often recommended. There are loads more of Gold Coast family friendly eateries if you include steakhouses or pubs as part of your search.